Artisan Bread Making - Sourdough Workshop
Events at Freathy
Dates & Times
2 x 1/2 day workshop
4:30pm Fri 31st Mar & 10am Sat 1st Apr
Expert Tuition From
Jon Denley, Artisan Baker, Column Bakehouse
£150 per person
Includes all ingredients, professional equipment, evening meal, lunch, tea & cakes
Stay at Our B&B
Ask about staying at the Freathy Farmhouse B&B for an extra special workshop experience.
We believe you and your family deserve to enjoy great quality wholesome bread every day!
If you think so too, then join us for this fabulous 2 x 1/2 Day workshop to discover the secrets of artisan bread making.
You’ll learn specialist sourdough skills in a small group, which allows for a more intimate baking experience. Under the expert tuition of Jon Denley from Column Bakehouse, you’ll be guided step by step through the process of creating your own sourdough starters and gorgeous crusty artisan breads. By the end of the workshop you’ll have the skills and confidence needed to recreate one of their award winning loaves from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Starting on the first evening, we’ll mix the dough, complete the first half of the proving process, enjoy a delicious wine, cheese, cold meat and olive bread supper, then shape our loaves ready a final prove overnight. The following morning we’ll enjoy delicious cakes, pastries and tea on arrival, go through the final prove, make two starters (with natural yeast) that you can take home and care for, bake our own handcrafted artisan breads, and end our session with a heart warming soup and bread lunch. At the end of the workshop you’ll take home your own handcrafted breads and a handy recipe card so you can continue to make your own delicious breads at home.
Your course price includes:
- all the quality, wholesome ingredients needed to create you own handcrafted breads,
- use of professional bread making equipment,
- wine, cheese, cold meat and olive bread supper on the first evening,
- tea, cakes and pastries on arrival the next morning, and
- a heart warming soup and bread lunch to end our workshop.
Book Now by calling Sarah on 01752 823167.
Our events are very popular and this workshop is sure to sell out quickly, so Book Now to avoid missing out!
All bookings must be paid for in advance to guarantee your place.
Did you know....
- Column Bakehouse is Plymouth’s first and only social enterprise bakery.
- Specialising in sourdough and artisan breads, they believe that great quality wholesome bread is something to be enjoyed every day, by everyone.
- They use fresh, locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, and their award-winning breads are baked in-house with absolutely no nasties.
- Being a social enterprise, they have a mission to do more and give back. That’s why they reinvest all profits into providing more opportunities for local people – by way of apprenticeships, jobs and opportunities to gain experience.
Book Now to guarantee your place by calling 01752 823167.
Receive expert tuition from artisan baker Jon Denley from Column Bakehouse. Take home your own handcrafted breads and the skills to recreate award winning loaves from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Price includes all ingredients and use of equipment. Also a wine, cheese, cold meat and olive bread supper, morning tea and cakes, plus a warming soup and bread lunch from the Freathy Farmhouse kitchen.
Ask about staying at our renowned Freathy Farmhouse B&B to turn your Artisan Bread Making weekend into an extra special getaway.