Attractions, Food, Drink, & Plenty More
‘A weed is not a weed in deed, no a weed you simply must concede, is a divinely celestial hand sown seed…..’
Attractions, Food, Drink, & Plenty More…
CAFES, RESTAURANTS AND GOOD FOOD
• Cliff Top Café : Treninnow Cliff Road, Whitsand Bay, Torpoint PL101JX, England 01752 822069. Perched at the top of Treganhawk Cliff, slightly down from the road open 7 days a week during school holidays http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g528890-d4062103-Reviews-Cliff_Top_Cafe-Torpoint_Cornwall_England.html
• The View: Trenninow Cliff Road, Torpoint, Cornwall, PL10 1JY +44(01752 822345 Café and restaurant for even meals overlooking the cliffs and sea, amazing sunsets with sailboats doted in the bay. http://www.theview-restaurant.co.uk/
• The Honey Pot : 4 West Street, Millbrook, Torpoint, Cornwall PL10 1AA +44(0)1752 822335 lovely vegetarian café found at the back of organic grocers shop in Millbrook, can sit inside or out and enjoy a very peaceful time.
• The Stables Café at Mount Edgcumbe House & Country Park: Mount Edgcumbe House, Cremyll, Torpoint, PL10 1HZ +44 (0)1752 822236
• Pinky Murphy’s – 19 North St, Fowey (between Bodinnick car ferry car park & town) PL23 1DB. Breakfast/coffee, lunch, tea, cakes & relaxed atmosphere – retro surf videos, books and magazines, flop upstairs on ginormous bean bags. 9am- 5pm Mon-Fri, 9.30am-4.30pm(ish) Sun. Computer access & Wi-Fi. Children and dog friendly. 01726 832 512 http://www.pinkymurphys.com. A bit further afield but Fowey is well worth a visit and so is Pinky’s.
• Trawlers on the Quay – The Quay, East Looe PL13 1AH. Specialises in local seafood dishes. Open 7 days a week during summer 12pm-2pm for lunch and 6pm-9am for dinner. 01503 263 593 http://www.trawlers-restaurant.co.uk
• Sam’s – 20 Fore St, Fowey. Casual, 60’s style décor with intimate booths – bustling, venue with evening buzz, child-friendly. Fresh fish, burgers, salads and vegetarian options. Open daily, lunch from 12pm, dinner from 6.30pm. No bookings so arrive in good time or wait for a table in the cocktail bar upstairs! 01726 832 273 http://www.samsfowey.co.uk
• The Gook : Beach Café Finnygook Lane, Portwrinkle Cornwall PL11 3BT +44(0)1503 230655 open 7 days a week until September Dog friendly, free wifi. http://www.gookbeachcafe.co.uk/
• Seaton Beach Café : +44(0)1503 250621 Lovely beach side café that has room both inside and out to enjoy the sea and a meal. Check out Trip Advisor (Seaton Beach Café)
• Waves Bar Seaton : http://www.wavesbar.co.uk/ booking is advised overlooks the beach and has a balcony terrace to sit out on day and night, good food nice service.
• Whitsand Bay Hotel : Cornwall PL11 3BU +44(0)1503 230276 http://www.whitsandbayhotel.co.uk/
• The Liscawn Hotel Crafthole, Whitsand Bay, Torpoint, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, PL11 3BD, England Tel: 00441503230863 e-mail: email@example.com
• The Devonport Inn: The Cleave, Kingsand, Cornwall, PL10 1NF, Telephone : 01752 822869 Lovely pub serving great food right on the sea front at Kings and a very beautiful village, booking highly recommended. Dog friendly. http://www.devonportinn.com/
• The Finnygook Inn : Crafthole, Cornwall, PL11 3BQ. Good food and live music all year round. http://www.finnygook.co.uk/
• The Devon and Cornwall Inn: Millbrook Cornwall Village pub with reasonable food.
• The Cross Keys Inn: The Square, Cawsand, Cornwall, +44(0)1752 822706
• The Edgcumbe Arms: Cremyll, Torpoint, Cornwall PL10 1HX +44(0)1752 822294 http://www.edgcumbearms.co.uk/
• Panache Gallery and Gifts : 1 Fore Street Kingsand, Cornwall, PL10 1NA. Open daily.
• The Co-Op : West Street Millbrook for groceries open 8.30am to late 7 days a week.
• The Spar and Post Office : West Street Millbrook, also open 8.00am until late with a post office. Open 7 days.
• Widdecombes Organic Grocers : West Street Millbrook, Open 6 days a week lovely fresh organic produce.
• Millbook Pharmacy : The Old Blacksmiths Shop, The Parade, Millbrook, Cornwall PL10 1AX 01752 822391
• Millbrook News; 8 West Street, Millbrook,Torpoint,Cornwall,PL10 1AATel: 01752 822343. Papers, Magazines & Gifts.
• Top Draw Gallery: 62 Fore Street Kingsand: Lovely Gift shop, an Aladdin’s cave
• Sainsburys Supermarket Antony Rd, Torpoint, 01752 611000 24hr opening Petrol here too.
• Morrisons Supermarket : Horningtops, Liskeard, PL14 3PR, 01579 340873 24hour Opening, Petrol here too.
• Waitrose Supermarket:: Tamar View, Saltash PL12 6LD, 01752 849067.
• Fresh fish – Looe is one of the largest fishing ports in Cornwall. Its market supplies squid, scallops, ling, brill, crab, turbot, lemon sole, cod, pollock, dover sole, monk, sea bass, john dory and whiting to a worldwide market. We can highly recommend buying fish in Looe from the following:-
• Pengelly’s (Looe and Liskeard) – a family run business, Looe outlet being next to the fish market on the Quay, open daily selling fish straight from the market. Try to shop early or phone your order ahead. Liskeard Shop (closed Sunday & Monday) cn be found at the end of Fore Street (Pike Street end) next to the Fruit Shop. Looe Shop – 01503 262 246. Liskeard shop – 01579 340 777
HEALING AND RESTORATIVE MASSAGE
• Beauty Within : 69 Fore Street, Torpoint, Cornwall 01752 816266 open 6 days a week, Sunday by appointment. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Affina Beauty Studio: 11 Fore Street, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 3JA 01579 324864
• The Spa at Whitsand Bay Hotel: Cornwall PL11 3BU 01503 230276 http://www.whitsandbayhotel.co.uk/cornwall-holidays
• Natural Beauty Millbrook: Treatments using handmade Cornish skin products. Tel: 01752 829435
• Antony House, Cothele, Saltram, Lanhydrock : National Trust please visit website http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
• Eden Project – Bodelva, near St Austell, PL24 2SG. Explore the tropical biomes, education centre and seasonal events such as music gigs throughout the summer and ice skating in the winter. http://www.edenproject.com
• Lost Gardens of Heligan – Pentewan, St Austell, PL26 6EN. 200 acres to explore including Victorian productive gardens, lush subtropical jungle, wildlife projects and much more. http://www.heligan.com
• Camel Valley Vineyard – Nanstallon, Bodmin, PL30 5LG. Take a tour and sample some fantastic wines in a stunning setting. Tours April to October, shop open year-round – closed on Sundays. http://www.camelvalley.com
• Bodmin and Wenford Steam Railway: Bodmin General Station Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 1AQ +44(0)120873555 http://www.bodminrailway.co.uk Take a ride on an old steam train in glorious countryside whilst being served a cream tea. Booking in advance is required.
• The Byre, Hillside, Hounster Hill, Millbrook, PL10 1AJ, Contemporary gallery. Tel: 01752 822936 or 07711 873796, email email@example.com, Open Wed – Sun 10.30am to 5.30pm during exhibitions. Other opening times by appointment
• Bike hire – Bodmin Bikes, 3 Hamley Court, Dennison Road, Bodmin PL31 2LL. Situated 400m from start of the Camel Trail. Advised to book ahead. Mon-Sat 9am-5pm. 01208 73192 http://www.bodminbikes.co.uk
• Horse Riding: We can recommend Polmartin Riding Ltd, Jane, the owner, is registered with the Brisitsih Horse Society and take great care in the horses and clients. You will need to book ahead though. Polmartin Farm,Nr Herods Foot, Liskeard,Cornwall, PL14 4RE, England. Tel: 01503 220428, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.polmartinfarm.com
• Mount Edgcumbe House and Country Park, Cremyll,Torpoint,Cornwall PL10 1HZ . 01752 822236 http://www.mountedgcumbe.gov.uk/
• Cowslip Workshops, Newhouse Farm, St.Stephens, LAUNCESTON, Cornwall, PL15 8JX. 01566 772654 https://www.cowslipworkshops.co.uk/
• Carnglaze Caverns, St Neot, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 6HQ. 01579 320251 http://www.carnglaze.com/
• Adrenalin Quarry : Lower Clicker Road, Menheniot, Near Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 3PJ 01579 308204 http://www.adrenalinquarry.co.uk
• Port Eliot Estate and Festival Office, St Germans, Cornwall, PL12 5ND http://www.porteliotfestival.com/ Exceptional literary festival renown both far and wide, well known face from stage and screen flock here to read and enjoy a long weekend of art, craft, very much a mini Glastonbury, not to be missed.
• Looe Music Festival 19th – 21st September 2014 http://www.looemusic.co.uk/
• Fowey Regatta & Carnival Week 17th -23rd August 2014 http://www.visitcornwall.com/whats-on/south-cornwall/fowey/fowey-regatta-and-carnival-week#.U6r11NgU9Vs
• Crocadon Producers Fairs held throughout the year for dates please click on link, all manner of crafts and home grown foods, flowers, plants, lovely day out. http://www.crocadonfarm.co.uk Crocadon Sawmill, St Mellion, Saltash, PL12 6RL
• Fishing: Coarse Fishing This is available at Tregonhawke Farm, Millbrook, Cornwall 01752 823210 from £6.50 per day and is only a few minutes walk from Freathy Farmhouse.
• Sea Fishing: Nearest would be at Looe, Starting from (April – October) there are mackerel fishing trips with local fisherman & RNLI Lifeboat Operations Manager, Dave. Rods and life jackets are provided, and anything you catch you can bring home and cook on one of our BBQs Cost £12pp. Two hour trip. Contact Dave on 07770 267 155
• Golf; Whitsand Bay Hotel, Portwrinkle, Cornwall, Pl11 3BU 01503 230276, you will need to ring and book in advance.
• Golf: St Mellion International Resort, St Mellion, Saltash, Conrwall, PL12 6SD, 01579350537 http://www.st-mellion.co.uk Again you need to book in advance.
• Surfing : Whitsand Beach and Tregantle beach are just a few minutes walk from
• Freathy Farmhouse and surf is good there, always very popular.
• Sterts Theatre – near Upton Cross, Liskeard PL14 5AZ. Book a meal at the Sterts Cafe before watching the show. 01579 362 382 http://www.sterts.co.uk
• Looe Monkey Sanctuary ; Murrayton House, St Martins, Looe, Cornwall, PL13 1NZ +44(0)8442721271 http://www.monkeysanctuary.org/
• Westcroft Gallery, Market Street Kingsand, Cornwall, PL10 1NA 01752823216 Gorgeous gallery exhibiting work from celebrated and renowned artists from all walks of art and creative mediums, painting, ceramics, and much more, very well worth a visit, where you will receive a warm welcome from Sarah & Dylan and their two adorable canine partners in crime.
• http://www.bestofsecornwall.co.uk/eventsitems.htm This link will take you to a list of events in Cornwall for 2014, you might find one you will really enjoy, maybe even the RAME GIG REGATTA on the 26th July 2014 held in Cawsand it is an all day event with gig racing, eating, drinking and singing long into the early hours.
This list is by no means exhaustive, it is just to get you started, but please feel free to feedback on your visits and also help us to add to this list by telling us about your favorite days out whilst you are with us, so that we might pass this on to other guests. Thank you x