As promised, here is our fabulously delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake recipe, courtesy of the wonderful Nigella Lawson. It’s incredibly easy to make and is perfectly indulgent for this time of year, when it’s far too cold and miserable to be worrying about calories!
We love decorating ours with chocolate pieces, fresh berries and edible gold leaf, but you could try making your own hazelnut brittle and scattering a few golden shards across the top – delicious!
Don’t worry about letting the cheescake come to room temperature either – it definitely tastes better when it’s still slightly chilled.
• 250 grams digestive biscuits
• 75 grams soft unsalted butter
• 1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature)
• 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts
• 500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
• 60 grams icing sugar (sifted)
1. Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g/3 tablespoons of hazelnuts and keep pulsing until the mixture becomes damp and sand-like.
2. Spoon into a 23cm/9inch round springform tin and press into the base using your fingertips or the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth, add the rest of the Nutella, and keep beating until it’s combined.
4. Remove the springform tin from the fridge and smooth the Nutella and cream cheese mixture over the base. Decorate with berries, chocolate pieces, brittle shards or even some chopped hazelnuts and put the tin back in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.